Col. Jennifer A. Fitch is the Individual Mobilization Augmentee to the Commander of Peterson-Schriever Garrison, headquartered at Peterson Air Force Base, Colo. It consists of a workforce of a 2,500 member team providing Base Operating Support to more than 18,400 military, Department of Defense civilians and contractor personnel serving at 22 operating locations worldwide executing critical USSF missile warning; space domain awareness; space control; position, navigation and timing; satellite communications; electronic warfare; intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance; and cyberspace missions.
After graduating from the University of Notre Dame in 1997, Col. Fitch completed pilot training. During her initial assignment, she flew airlift missions in direct support of operations ENDURING and IRAQI FREEDOM. She has since served as an instructor and evaluator pilot in the C-130E and C-130H and is a command pilot with over 2,900 hours. Col. Fitch has served on active duty and the Air Force Reserves. She has held a variety of positions in airlift wings including Wing Executive Officer for the 43d Airlift Wing, Chief of Standardization and Evaluation for the 440th Operations Group, and Director of Operations for the 440th Operations Support Squadron. Prior to serving as the 21st Space Wing Vice Commander, Col. Fitch served as the IMA to the Commander, 21st Space Wing, Peterson Air Force Base, Colo.
1997 Bachelor of Science, Mathematics, University of Notre Dame, South Bend, Ind.
2004 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2010 Master of Business Administration, Trident University International, Cypress, Calif.
2012 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
2014 Air War College by correspondence
1. May 1977 – March 1988, AFIT Language Program, University of Notre Dame, South Bend, Ind.
2. March 1998 – October 1988, T-37B Student Pilot, 37th Flying Training Squadron, Columbus Air Force Base, Miss.
3. October 1998 – May 1999, T-44A Student Pilot, VT-31 Training Squadron, Naval Air Station Corpus Christi, Texas
4. May 1999 – July 2003, Flight Safety Officer and Pilot Scheduler, 2nd Airlift Squadron, Pope AFB, N.C.
5. July 2003 – September 2005, Central Scheduler and Flight Commander, 36th Airlift Squadron, Yokota Air Base, Japan
6. September 2005 – June 2006, Group Executive Officer, 43d Operations Group, Pope AFB, N.C.
7. June 2006 – March 2008, Wing Executive Officer, 43rd Airlift Wing, Pope AFB, N.C.
8. March 2008 – September 2009, Chief of Standardization and Evaluation, 95th Airlift Squadron, Pope AFB, N.C.
9. September 2009 – January 2012, Chief of Standardization and Evaluation, 440th Operations Group, Pope AFB, N.C.
10. January 2012 – March 2013, Chief of Training, 440th Operations Group, Pope AFB, N.C.
11. March 2013 – August 2015, Director of Operations, 444th Operations Support Squadron, Pope Field, N.C.
12. August 2015 – October 2016, Commander, 911th Operations Support Squadron, Pittsburgh, Pa.
13. October 2016 – August 2018, Command Center Director, Air Domain Chief, NORAD & NUSNORTHCOM, and Deputy Chief, Exercise Branch, NORAD, Peterson AFB, Colo.
14. August 2018 – May 2020, Individual Mobilization Augmentee to the Commander, 21st Space Wing, Peterson AFB, Colo.
15. May 2020 – Present, Vice Commander, Peterson-Schriever Garrison, Peterson AFB, Colo.
Rating: command pilot
Military Flight Hours: more than 2,900 hours (625 instructor hours; 162 evaluator hours)
Aircraft flown: T-37B, T-44A, C-130E, C-130H
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Aerial Achievement Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant June 16, 1997
First Lieutenant June 16, 1999
Captain June 16, 2001
Major April 1, 2007
Lieutenant Colonel Aug. 10, 2012
Colonel Aug. 22, 2018
(Current as of July 2020)