Chief Master Sgt. Michael J. Rozneck is the Senior Enlisted Leader of Space Delta 8, headquartered at Schriever Air Force Base, Colorado. As the Senior Enlisted Leader, he assists the commander on matters regarding readiness, morale, proper manpower utilization and the progress of 1,100 military and Department of Defense civilians. Rozneck advises the Delta 8 Commander on the execution of command and control of the nation’s Global Positioning System and Military Satellite Communications constellations, develops and trains space warfighters, and delivers space combat power through 24/7 crew operations. Delta 8 units perform around-the-clock global satellite operations on more than 70 satellites across diverse orbital regimes, providing warfighters and other users worldwide with position, navigation and timing capabilities; military satellite communication; intelligence, surveillence and reconnaissance products and environmental and space situational awareness.
Rozneck enlisted in the U.S. Air Force in January 1998 as a Space Systems Operator where he worked at the 1st Space Operations Squadron operating the Global Positioning Satellite, Defense Space Program, Midcourse Space Experiment and Technology for Autonomous Operational Survivability Satellites. Throughout his career Rozneck has served in a multitude of space units working from operational to strategic levels of responsibility. Prior to his current assignment, he served as the Squadron Superintendent for the 50th Operations Support Squadron, leading the evolution of space operations qualification training, intelligence operations and tactics development in support of integrated 50th Space Wing space and cyberspace operations.
1998 Satellite Systems Operator Course, Vandenberg Air Force Base, Calif.
2000 Space Surveillance Analyst Course, Schriever AFB, Colo.
2002 Airman Leadership School, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colo.
2003 Phased Array Warning System Course, Vandenberg AFB, Calif.
2006 Associate in Space Technology, Community College of the Air Force, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2008 National Security Space Institute Space 200 Course, Colorado Springs, Colo.
2008 Bachelors of Science, Organizational Management, University of La Verne, Calif.
2008 Noncommissioned Officer Academy Course, Hickam AFB, Hawaii
2010 Professional Manager Certification, Community College of the Air Force, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2011 Advanced Space Operations School’s Advanced Orbital Mechanics Course, Colorado Springs, Colo.
2011 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy Correspondence Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2012 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education Correspondence Course Level I, Norfolk, Va., by correspondence
2012 National Security Space Institute Space 300 Course, Colorado Springs, Colo.
2015 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2016 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education Correspondence Course Level II, Norfolk, Va., by correspondence
2016 Masters of Business Administration, Columbia Southern University, Orange Beach, Ala.
1. February 1998 – August 1998, Student Space Systems Operator Training, Vandenberg Air Force Base, Calif.
2. August 1998 – December 2000, Space Systems Operator, 1st Space Operations Squadron, Schriever AFB, Colo.
3. December 2000 – January 2004, Space Surveillance Analyst Instructor, 1st Space Control Squadron, Cheyenne Mountain Air Force Station, Colo.
4. January 2004 – January 2005, Missile Warning Crew Chief, 13th Space Warning Squadron, Clear AFS, Alaska
5. January 2005 – May 2007, Space Superiority Duty Officer, 614th SOPS, Vandenberg AFB, Calif.
6. May 2007 – May 2010, Space Duty Technician, 613th Air Operations Center, Hickam AFB, Hawaii
7. May 2010 – Jun 2012, Experimental Spacecraft Crew Chief, 3rd Space Experimentation Squadron, Schriever AFB, Colo.
8. July 2012 – April 2013, Superintendent, 3rd SES, Schriever AFB, Colo.
9. May 2013 – July 2015, Space Operator Major Command Training Manager, Headquarters Air Force Space Command, Peterson AFB, Colo.
10. July 2015 – December 2016, Superintendent, National Security Space Institute, Peterson AFB, Colo.
11. December 2016 – December 2017, Station Chief, Defense Courier Station-Korea, Osan Air Base, Korea
12. December 2017 – June 2020, Superintendent, 50th Operations Support Squadron, Schriever AFB, Colo.
13. June 2020 – present, Senior Enlisted Leader, Space Delta 8, Space Operations Command, Schriever AFB, Colo.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal with oak leaf cluster
Joint Meritorious Unit Award with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Organizational Excellence Award
Air Force Good Conduct Medal with four oak leaf clusters
National Defense Service Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Korean Defense Service Medal
2001 1st Space Control Squadron Airman of the Year
2004 614th Space Operations Squadron Noncommissioned Officer of the 3rd Quarter
2008 13th Air Force Integrated Air and Missile Defense Team of the Year
2008 613th Air Operations Center NCO of the Year
2009 Air Force Sergeants Association Chapter 1550 NCO of the Year
2009 Headquarters Air Force 1C6 Enlisted Space Operator of the Year (NCO)
2012 595th Operations Group Senior NCO of the Year
2013 Headquarters Air Force Space Command SNCO of the Year
2014 HQ AFSPC Operations Directorate SNCO of the Year
2015 Eaker Center Award for Leadership Enlisted Category
2019 50th OG SNCO of the Year
EFFECTIVE DATE OF PROMOTION
Airman Basic Jan. 1, 1998
Airman July 1, 1998
Airman 1st Class May 1, 1999
Senior Airman Jan. 1, 2001
Staff Sergeant Aug. 1, 2003
Technical Sergeant July 1, 2006
Master Sergeant Nov. 1, 2011
Senior Master Sergeant Aug. 1, 2016
Chief Master Sergeant April 1, 2020
(Current as of November 2020)