Col. Peter J. Flores is the Commander of Space Training and Readiness Delta (Provisional), headquartered at Peterson Air Force Base, Colorado. STAR Delta (P) prepares U.S. Space Force forces to prevail in a contested, degraded and operationally-limited environment through the education and training of space professionals across core and common specialty codes; development of space warfighting tactics, techniques and procedures; and the test and evaluation of USSF capabilities.
Col. Flores is a native of Los Angeles, California. He was commissioned through Air Force ROTC, Detachment 055, University of California, Los Angeles, in 1991. He began his career as a Minuteman II Intercontinental Ballistic Missile combat crew member at Whiteman AFB, Missouri from 1992 to 1995 and subsequently transitioned to space operations as a Deep Space Surveillance System and Low-Altitude Space Surveillance crew member from 1995 to 1998 at Royal Air Force Feltwell, United Kingdom. He attended the U.S. Air Force Weapons School, Nellis AFB, Nevada in 1998 and has since served in a series of multi-domain operations and staff positions. As a colonel, he served from 2012 to 2013 in Baghdad, Iraq as the Deputy Director of Security Assistance, Office of Security Cooperation-Iraq; from 2013 to 2018 as the Director of Range Operations, Nevada Test and Training Range, Nellis AFB, Nevada; and from 2018 to2020 as the Director of Space and Cyber Operations, Combined Force Space Component Command, Vandenberg AFB, California. He assumed command of STAR Delta (P) July 24, 2020.
1991 Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science, UCLA, Los Angeles, Calif.
1995 Master of Arts degree in Human Resource Management and Development, Webster University, Saint Louis, Mo.
1998 Weapons Instructor Course, USAF Weapons School, Nellis AFB, Nev.
2002 Command and Control Warrior Advanced Course, Hurlburt AFB, Fla.
2006 Master of Arts degree in Military Operational Art and Science, Air Command & Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2007 Master of Arts degree in Airpower Art and Science, School of Advanced Air and Space Studies, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2012 Master of Arts degree in Strategic Studies, US Army War College, Carlisle Barracks, Penn.
1. Jan 92 – Aug 94, Instructor and Evaluator, 509th Missile Squadron, Whiteman AFB, Mo.
2. Aug 94 – Jun 95, Senior Flight Instructor and Evaluator, 508th Missile Squadron, Whiteman AFB, Mo.
3. Jun 95 – Jul 97, Chief, Standardization and Evaluation, 5th Space Surveillance Squadron, RAF Feltwell, United Kingdom
4. Jan 99 – Jan 02, Chief, Early Warning Operations and Doctrine, USEUCOM, Patch Barracks, Germany
5. Jan 02 – Jun 03, Instructor, Space Division, USAF Weapons School, Nellis AFB, Nev.
6. Jun 03 – Apr 04, Operations Officer, 57th Weapons Support Squadron, Nellis AFB, Nev.
7. Apr 04 – Jul 05, Deputy Chief, Weapons and Tactics Branch, HQ AFSPC, Peterson AFB, Colo.
8. Aug 05 – Jun 07, Student, ACSC and SAASS, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
9. Jun 07 – Mar 08, Chief, Special Missions Division, 14th Air Force, Vandenberg AFB, Calif.
10. Mar 08 – May 09, Deputy Chief, Combat Operations Division, 614th Air and Space Operations Center, Vandenberg AFB, Calif.
11. Jun 09 – Jun 11, Commander, 17th Test Squadron, Schriever AFB, Colo.
12. Jul 11 – Jun 12, Student, US Army War College, Carlisle Barracks, Penn.
13. Jul 12 – Jul 13, Deputy Director of Security Assistance, Office of Security Cooperation, Baghdad, Iraq
14. Aug 13 – Jul 18, Director of Range Operations, NTTR, Nellis Air Force Base, Nev.
15. Jul 18 – May 20, Director of Space and Cyber Operations, Space Operations Command- Combined Force Space Component Command, Vandenberg AFB, Calif.
16. Jul 20 – Present, Commander, Space Training and Readiness Delta (Provisional) (STAR DELTA (P)), Peterson-Schriever Garrison, Colo.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit
Bronze Star Medal
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with four bronze oak leaf clusters
Joint Service Commendation Medal with one bronze oak leaf cluster
Air Force Commendation Medal
Joint Service Achievement Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant Sept. 30, 1991
First Lieutenant Oct. 18, 1993
Captain Oct. 18, 1995
Major Aug. 1, 2002
Lieutenant Colonel July 1, 2007
Colonel April 1, 2013
(Current as of December 2020)